Photo: Graham Scully, April 2011
Also known as the FVWC Hut.
Named after the Federation of Victorian Walking Clubs (FVWC) who were formed in 1934. They built the hut using a Tourist Development Association grant in 1968 and 1969.
The hut was upgraded in 1989. A double seater toilet built by the Parks service, survived the hut.
The new hut was designed by Tonique Bolt and was pre-fabricated then flown in parts from Mt Loch carpark and assembled in December 2004.
Built as a gabled hut with aluminium siding and a corrugated iron roof. The original hut was re-clad in timber in May 1988 by Ian Stapleton and friends. The hut is lined with five ply and has bunks for 10 people. It is 3.6m by 5.5m in size.
- Hueneke Pp 102, 236.
- Butler Pp101 - 103
- Magnusssen Pp44 - 46
- Secondhand and Solid P28 by Ian Stapleton.
Last updated 16 May, 2011