Located near Kings Cross, but hard to find.
A former seismic station, built by the SMA in the early 1950's. It was only used for one year after which it was replaced by a remotely operated version with telemetry of earthquake data.
Although abandoned some years ago, would make a servicable shelter.
Underground, with a roof of concrete and slate built into the hillside. Walls and floor of concrete.