Located on the Rolling Grounds, above Whites River.
Geehi Dam 1:50 000 mapsheet.
Photo: Laurie Bell, 1973
Built by the SMA about 1954, in expectation that a pondage would be built here, at the high elevation, but this was abandoned.
The hut was still standing well into the 1970's but was pushed over by snow creep and is now a collapsed ruin. The building finally sucumbed in 1974. On the informal footpad across the alpine ridges.
Weatherboards over a sawn wooden frame. Wood floor and iron roof. In an ideal location for those traversing the Rolling Grounds from Kosciusko to Jagungal.
- KHA Reference is 2426
- Hueneke - no ref.
Profile last updated 1 August 2005.