KOSCIUSZKO HUTS ASSOCIATION

Search Our Site

Located at the Geehi flats area, south of Dead Horse Gap and a short 4WD or walk from the main Geehi Hut and camp area.

Adjacent, is arguably one of Australia's best camp sites.

GPS Location  View on Map

Brief History

The hut was built in 1942 by Snowy Miller, Alex Milovitch, Arthur Keeble and Dr Hubert Smith for Arthur and Flo Nankervis as a fishing lodge.

It was resumed by the NPWS in 1970, but is a very popular camping area, one of the very best in the National Park.

The hut received some renovation in 2002 by KHA and the Range Rover Club of NSW.

Construction

Keebles is a typical river stone hut built on a concrete slab. The roof and verandah are of corrugated iron. There is a fireplace and windows, and recently a carpet was added, but has now been removed!

Caretakers - family members


References

  • Hueneke Pp xix
  • Personal Comm - Cheryl Seymour, daughter of Snowy Miller
  • KHA Reference is 2405
  • KNP POM is L.77.

Profile last updated 7 February 2006.