Photo David Mitchell, 2011
Also known as Sawyers or The Rest House.
Sawyers was part of a larger building, originally built in the early 1900s as a staging post for coaches on their way to Rules Point.
The hut was restored by the NPWS, but badly damaged in the 2003 fires. It was rebuilt in 2008-2009 by NPWS, and is now in excellent condindition.
It is built of vertical wooden slabs, with a concrete floor and roof of iron. There is a fireplace and a chimney of stone and brick. With the exception of the concrete floor, the current construction is correct to the original design, despite it being used as a picnic shelter.
Caretakers - NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
- Hueneke P246
- KHA reference number is 1402 and
- KNP POM number is L.110.
Profile last updated June 2011.