Located beside the Snowy Highway, where the old Yarrangobilly township used to be.
Built in the 1890s by a Mr Hoad for grazing. The house is substantial in size and so was used from the 1930's to 1950's by Forestry. One of the Forestry managers' name was Cotterill.
Subsequently it was used as a Post Office. It is now used by recreational groups, by appointment.
Cotterills is a substantial building about 14m square, with a large shed at the rear. Excellent public camping can be had around the building.
It is constructed with weatherboards and fibro, above a wooden floor and verandah. A pitched corrugated iron roof completes the building. Interesting door and window treatments abound.
Caretakers - NPWS.
- KHA reference number is 0809 and
- KNP POM schedule is L.52.
- A Conservation Study (including other parts of Yarrangobilly) and
- a history sheet exist for this building.
Profile last updated 4th January 2020.
updated 20 December 2014.