Brooks is located west of Eucumbene Dam, and north of Crooks Racecourse. There is a track to the hut, but it does not show on most maps.
Brooks Hut also known as The V Hut. This hut was burnt down in the 2003 bushfires and rebuilt in 2008-9.
It sustained significant damage in the January 2020 fires.
The hut was built by Bill Brooks in 1945, for grazing. It may be confused with another listed at 367117, by Gatis Gregors in his thesis.
Brooks is 8m by 4.5m including the verandah. Its roof and walls are constructed of corrugated iron, and the floor is wood. The fireplace is substantial with a concrete hearth, mud mortared walls and iron. There is one window.
- The KHA reference is 2501
- KNP POM number is L.46.
- There is a Conservation Study and KHA History notes for this hut.
Last updated 8 April 2020.