Located orginally above Lake Albina, and to the north of Mt Townsend.
Kosciuszko 1:100 000 Mapsheet
Albina Hut was built in 1951, and removed due to environmental concerns in 1983. After the destruction of the original building, a survival hut was erected.
John Anderson recalls the value of this second shelter here.
KHA Reference number is 2411.
Last updated 28 March, 2015