Also known as Bradleys and O'Briens, or just Bradleys Hut, but the family believe this to be the most appropriate name.
The hut is located conveniently at the roadside of the Cabramurra to Khancoban Road.
Kosciusko 1:100,000 mapsheet
Photo: Narelle Irvine, 2010
The hut was built by Jack Bailey in 1952 before the Tooma road was developed. It was originally used for grazing, but the stables and horse yards were removed by the NPWS.
The area around the hut is commonly used by campers planning to head off to the Jagungal wilderness.
This hut has an agreeable outlook, and appears as a small homestead. Built of timber frames and corrugated iron walls and roof, it measures 6.5m by 4m, plus a verandah area at the front.
The floor is made of sawn timber and a solid fireplace is set on a concrete slab.
O'Briens hut sits in an area of montane forest and outstanding beauty. The hut is used on most weekends, and is at an altitude where cross-skiing is common.
- KHA Reference number 2321.
- A Conservation Brief and history are held for this hut by KHA archivists.
- The KNP POM Schedule number is L.43.
- Download the 3D Model for Google Earth