Built by Ken Kidman, Alec Kidman and Bill Napthali in 1932. Timber was dragged across the river behind a draft horse.
The hut is 2.8m by 2.8mm. It is built of corrugated iron over a timber frame, with an iron roof. The chimney has a timber frame, iron clad "roof" and lined with rocks. The door has unusual horizontal pine weatherboards, which were replaced in 2005
NPWS reconstructed the fireplace shown in the accompanying photo.
Caretaker - B McCauley and friends
- Huneke Pp 120 -121
- KHA Reference number is 2338
- KNP POM number is L.24.
- A KHA History sheet exists for this hut.
Hut Profile last updated on 27 January 2008