Bullock's is located by the Snowy River, just behind the huge carpark for the Ski Tube underground train.
The main house was built in 1934 by Charles Conway for Dr Bullock, as a fishing lodge. Further buildings were added between 1939 and 1947, and still exist.
The Bullock family used the house between 1940 and 1950, but it was resumed by the NPWS in 1969.
At the time the Ski Tube was built, the very substantial house was fully renovated (in the early 1990's).
The building shown is the main sleeping quaters. The walls are made of cement blocks, with cement and tile floors. The chimney is cement. The original roof was shingles and some has been replaced with iron. There is also a seperate kitchen, toilet and shed.
The KHA reference number is 2440 and the KNP POM number is L.30. There is a Conservation Study and History sheet for this site.
(Click on the ? icon for instructions to move it around)
Г‚ Last updated October 2019