Also known as Cotter House or Cotter Rangers Station.
An original slab hut was located here, having been first built in 1890 at 657533. It was moved here in the 1930's.
The new hut was built after the slab hut was torn down in 1960. The new hut was built for the Cotter Catchment rangers by Don Greenwood, so that they could patrol the very sensitive and important rain catchment area for Canberra.
It is generally, but not always, used by rangers. Generally it is not available to visitors, and therefore is often locked.
- KHA Reference Number is 1604 (1997).
Profile last updated 7 March 2018.