KOSCIUSZKO HUTS ASSOCIATION

Located about 100m outside the Kosciuszko NP, across the river
from the Boonoo site. 

This hut is easily reached by 4WD and is popular with horse riders. The hut is shown on the Blowering 1:25,000 map to the east of Goobragandra Powerline Rd and west of the Peak River at GR311708. Boonoo is about 200m to the east across the river. (it is un-named on the map).


Brief History
Sometimes confused with Plonkeys or Stokes, this hut was built by local cattlemen. The plot was originally held around Lindleys and Boonoo Huts by Christy Graham but later taken up by the Lindley family of Gundagai who use the area for grazing from November to April. Confusion reined over the naming of Lindleys/ Venables/Plonkeys hut because Jack Venable was an employee of the Lindleys in the 1950's.


Construction
Sawn timber framing with iron walls and roof, plus a concrete floor, this hut is fitted out with beds, fireplace and the proverbial kitchen sink.


Caretakers - leaseholders


References

  • Huneke K, Pp181


Profile last updated 20 December 2005.