Located, about 300m inland from Point Eric, at Cox Bight, South West National Park. It appears on older editions of the Old River Map at 388 845.
Also known as Edwardsen's Hut
Probably the earliest version of this hut was built in the 1890s following the discovery of tin in the area in 1892. Over the decades the hut was rebuilt many times, the last being in the 1970s. It was in good condition into the 1980s but has now collapsed.
History of the hut is kept by the Cultural Heritage Branch of the Tasmanian Heritage Office.
Various: slab construction, timber over poles, corrugated iron.
Pers. comm. Tony & Janet Fenton, 2013
Updated 18th August 2013