Photo: Geoff Fenton 2006
Clyde and Win Clayton set up their home at Bond Bay in Port Davey in 1950. Clyde, who had been crayfishing off the south and west coast of Tasmania since he was fourteen, was the only fisherman to make his home in Port Davey. In 1962 the Claytons moved their house, shed and even Win’s piano by boat to a more sheltered location in Bathurst Harbour. Their little nook is called Claytons Corner. Clyde's fishing boat for many years was the old Derwent Ferry Reemere.
The Claytons retired and left Port Davey in 1976. The house still stands and is owned and managed by Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service as a day facility for tourists, fishers and yachtspeople.
Janet Fenton, Win and Clyde: side by side in Tasmania’s far south west, 2011
Tony & Janet Fenton, 2013
Claytons Corner with yacht on Bathurst Harbour