Located at Lake Belcher, Mt Field National Park. The track is very boggy in winter.
Built after 1950 and before 1970 by the Tasmanian National Parks and Wildlife Service as emergency shelter. The date of construction has to be determined, as different people claim various dates (Olaf Moon visited in 1968 or 1969).
It is named after one of the first Chief Rangers of the Park.
Timber weather boards over a timber frame. Wooden floor and fireplace. Iron roof. Two bunks and two windows included.
Caretakers - NPWS
K Chatfield - pers comm.
Profile last updated 22 August 2006.