Located at the end of the Hartz Mountain Access road.
The first hut on this site was built presumably by timber workers in about 1890.
The second hut shown below, was built by the Geeves family, after which Geeveston is named. They brought visitors to the area in the summer at the turn of the century and later. It was removed in 1995 due to its very delapidated state.
The original hut is shown below, with the current shelter above.
Profile last updated 22 August 2006.