Located at the northern end of Lake St Clair.
Narcissus Hut was built in 1963 by the then Scenery Preservation Board to replace a hut on the same site, which was destroyed when an unattended fire in its fireplace got away.
The original hut was built in 1935 by trappers who worked in the area.
Iron over sawn timber frame, two rooms and fireplace.
Frank Leyden, Phil Hall and Johnno Johnson from Sydney Bushwalkers outside the old Narcissus Hut in January 1948. (Photo: Col Lloyd)
NOTE: The Nicholl's Hut referred to on the sign was located at the junction of the Lake Marion and Mt Gould Tracks. It was a three-sided structure (more of a garage, really) that was there in 1969, but was removed soon after.
Caretakers - Parks and Wildlife, Tasmania
- Olaf Moon (pers. comm.)
Profile last updated 20 June, 2015.