Photo: Gary Duncan, 2004
Also known as Macks Hut or Roney Macs Hut.
The Original Hut. Courtesy of Olaf Moon, 2002
Built for grazing and extended twice for horse tours, by Roney McNamara, Mick McNamara and Bill Toland in the 1940's.
The hut was largely rebuilt by Scouts in 1974, with further modifications being made by the Mittagundi Outdoor Education Centre in 1980 and to the wood store in the 1990s.
The hut was no longer used for grazing, but falls within the HG Faithfull Estate, managed by Mrs Sykes. Cattle were on-site in January 2002 during the visit, when the photograph above was taken.
The new hut was built by VHCHA in April 2004 and is shown above.
Log cabin, wooden floors (some dirt) with an iron roof. The flooring is butted 140 mm hardwood, and refurbishment with 190mm hardwood. Logs are chocked and some are rotting, but overall the hut is in good condition.
There are a number of elevated sleeping platforms for quite a number of people.
Caretakers - Mittagundi Outdoor Centre
- Hueneke Pp159, 240.
- Butler 1996, Pp192 - 196.
- Magnussen Pp126 - 127.
Profile last updated 10 May 2004.