KOSCIUSZKO HUTS ASSOCIATION

Located on the Big River Track, Upper Kiewa Valley. On the Bogong map at GR198305.

History

Two huts built between 1948 and 1954 along with the aqueduct. They house machinery which is used to operate flood gates on the aqueduct. The aqueduct is concrete lined and equipped with a matching tram line of the highest quality, built before the Kiewa Hydro Scheme was limited by severe financial cutbacks.

Construction

Vertical iron with skillion roofs.

Caretakers - None.

References

  • Butler P 28.

Last updated 10 October 2003.