Located on Bogong Creek, Upper Kiewa Valley. Shown on the Bogong High Plains map at GR 226312.
These huts burnt down in the 2003 fires.
Also known as SEC Work Site Accommodation Huts.
Grazing block 25, on which these sit was first taken by HB Duane in 1899, followed by Howman and Kelly in 1934-5. Mr L Prichard had it in the 1930's but had a dispute over the boundary with the Maddisons in 1941.
The block was investigated by the Bogong High Plains Advisory Council in 1946, who changed the lease to summer grazing only. This was later terminated in October 1957.
The SEC set up similar huts along the valley between 1939 and 1955, and these two appear to have been moved here in 1952.
They are weatherboard buildings, 2.8mx3.7m and 2.8m by 7.3m with corrugated iron roofs. One hut had bunks and the other was a kitchen hut.
Caretakers - Bogong Outdoor School and Southern Hydro.
- Hueneke 232
- Butler P31 - 35
- Magnussen P90 - 91
Last updated 10 October 2003.