Located about 1 Km west of the Tamboritha Road, on the plateau above Licola. On the Tamboritha Moroka map at GR 742530.
Also known as Chesters Yards Hut according to some.
Chesters was built about 1923. Norm Chester took over the lease in 1954. It is now in a bad state, having just survived the fires and damage by cattle.
Another hut, Higgins stands nearby on private land and was built in 1935 (Ref Siseman 85).
The walls and roof are made from old iron containers, probably kerosene tins, flattened. The corner posts are in poor condition and need assistance urgently.
Caretakers - None.
- Hueneke Pp 33, 233
- Stephenson 1980
- Kevin Higgins - pers comm
Profile last updated 19 May 2006.