Located at Suggan Buggan village on the Barry Way. Shown on the Jacobs River map at 179094.
Courtesy of Gary Duncan, March 2004.
An incredibly old building, built about 1861 from shingles, by the O'Rourke family, the first settlers in this incredibly beautiful valley.
The building was restored with the original native pine shingles in the middle 1970's. Famous for its more famous visitors, including Geoffrey Blaimey who mentioned it in one of his Federation Speeches.
All timber, now in good condition.
- Hueneke Pp 221, 241.
Profile last updated 4 March 2004