Also known as The Razorback Hilton or Purcells Hut.
Located near King Saddle. On the Buller Stirling map at GR523934.
The original hut was built in 1953 and is shown in John Mitchell's excellent photograph above. It has since been extended, such that there are bunks for more than 40 people now, across a number of different buildings. There are now three large huts, two sheds and yards.
The huts were fully refurbished in 2008 and re-opened by VHCHA members with funding from DSE.
Two of the large huts are weatherboard and the other of iron.
- Hueneke Pp 87, 91, 241.
- J Mitchell - pers comm.
Profile last updated 9 June 2009.