facebook f    instagram   |   Kosciuszko Huts Association  

Noel Luton was born in November 1931 and passed away on 31 May 2009.

He is famous as a grazier in what is now Namadgi National Park and as the owner and builder of Luton's Crutching Shed, a well known walkers resting point.

He was the first son of (Charles) Morris Luton and Frances nee Clugston. Noel married Fay Murphy from Cooma and had three sons. In 1952, Morris of Roseview, bought Bobeyan Station from Dick Brayshaw and in the early 1960's for Noel and Greg (his brother). They expanded cattle grazing at Bobeyan to include sheep, and were the last landholders on the Bobeyan station before it was made into the Gudgenby Reserve in 1979.

This page last updated 24 January 2010