What we do
- Protect and enhance the cultural heritage values
- Conserve historic huts and associated structures
- Provide input into government planning processes
- Create heritage awareness amongst the general public
- Maintain the art and craft of traditional bush building skills and knowledge.
400 + Memberships
75 + Huts
Over the past forty two years KHA has carried out maintenance activities
on most of the 90 or so remaining huts and homesteads in KNP and NPP.
Learn more about what we have been up to recently.
The Canberra Times reported that the ACT Government intends to replace both Demandering Hut and Max and Berts Hut; both of which were lost in the 2019-2020 bushfires. What The Canberra Times DID NOT report was that this replacement would only proceed if the results of the community survey were positive.