What we do
- Protect and enhance the cultural heritage values
- Conserve historic huts and associated structures
- Provide input into government planning processes
- Create heritage awareness amongst the general public
- Maintain the art and craft of traditional bush building skills and knowledge.
400 + Memberships
75 + Huts
Over the past forty two years KHA has carried out maintenance activities
on most of the 90 or so remaining huts and homesteads in KNP and NPP.
Learn more about what we have been up to recently.
Watch the video of the re-opening of the newly rebuilt Delanys Hut. The new hut uses a number of fire protection features like a sprinkler system and fire-retardant timbers to protect the hut from future bushfires. Image and video produced by Tom’s Outdoors.
Woodskills is a weekend KHA camping event run once every two years, demonstrating colonial timbercraft and carpentry. Held at the Kellett family’s property in Wee Jasper, it’s run by volunteers for members, interested staff from NSW NPWS and ACT Parks and Conservation Service, and for Wee Jasper locals.