Bill Jones Hut
Location Tantangara Plain, near to Blue Waterholes. Accessible from the Blue Waterholes firetrail or from the south.
Bill Jones hut was built in 1952 by William Travis Jones, who held the lease thereabouts from the 1930's to the 1970's. It was most likely the last hut to be built for grazing in the area.
In 2003, it was subject to great debate by NPWS managers and others, as it stands in the Cooleman Karst Limestone area, which may see more restrictive management, particularly for recreational users such as horse riders, yet no scientific evidence to date confirms that usage of the plain has affected the caves in any way.
The hut is 4m by 6.5m made of corrugated iron. There is an internal timber frame, one window and a mortared stone hearth to the fireplace. It is also noted for its large dirt floor.
The door panels are interesting in that they date back to the 1800's.