facebook f    instagram   |   Kosciuszko Huts Association  

Alternate Name(s): Tongue Bend Hut
Condition: Ruin

Tongue Gauging Station

Located at Tongue Bend.

Brief History

Built about 1945 as one of the first gauging stations for hydrology measurements. Also used as a flying fox base, to cross the river.

It was abandoned in 1964.


Vertical weatherboard with an iron roof. Wooden floor.


  • KHA List Reference 2306.
  • Hueneke - none.

Last updated 29 October 2003.