Located at Ravine, in the Lobbs Hole Valley, south of Yarrangobilly and East of Talbingo Reservoir. Great camping sites around here on the Yarrangobilly River.
The Hotel was built in 1874 and extended in 1905 to form a major complex serving the Lobbs Hole Mines and Kiandra road. Now a standing ruin of pise (mudbrick) walls.
Has an excellent large campsite(s) very nearby and across the river. There is also the clear remains of past mining at GR268379, plus a meterological station.
Photo: Olaf Moon, 2001
Mud brick and corrugated iron.
- Hueneke Page xvii
- KHA number 0901.
- KNP POM L.17.
- History Sheet available.
- No Conservation Study as it is treated as a ruin.
Last updated 28 October 2004.