Located near Spencers Peak, west of Eucumbene Dam and in the east section of the Jagungal Wilderness.
Photo: Reet Vallack, 1975
Moulds was built by RG Mould in 1930.
Moulds was one of two huts deliberately destroyed by fire, by NPWS officers in 1977, after a mis-interpretation of the policy at the time.
A request to be allowed to re-build the hut, was denied by the NPWS in 1978.
The toilet still stands!
Moulds was 5m by 4m and built or corrugated iron, with a dirt floor.
- KHA Reference number is 2331.
- KNP does not list this hut in the Managment Plan.
- pers. comm. R. Hookway June 1989
- NPWS Letter regarding vandalism of the hut from J.A.Erskine Superintendent, Kosciusko District.
Photo: Bruce Adams, 1975
Last updated 23 November 2020